American Fork Library Grab & Go: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Grab & Go Service? Everyone is welcome to come to the library for visits lasting 15 to 20 minutes. You can browse the collection, pick up holds, and check out materials, all while maintaining a safe distance from staff and fellow patrons. For now we will not be able to provide access to seating areas, study spaces, and children’s play areas. We will add these services back as circumstances allow.
- Why is the Library open for fewer hours per day? By shortening public hours, we will have the staff necessary to perform the extra duties required for maintaining safety, manning additional stations, and cleaning high-traffic areas.
- What if I’m not comfortable coming in to a public building right now? Curbside service will still be available for holds pickup. For pickup, park in the handicapped parking area and follow instructions posted there. For returns, please use our outside book drops.
- Curbside Schedule: Monday-Thursday from 5-7 pm and Saturday from 10 am-2 pm
- How does quarantining returned items work? When materials are returned, we will label and quarantine them in our community room for 72+ hours before they are checked in. As a result, your returns will not be checked in for a few days after you return them. No late fees will accrue during that time. You may receive an overdue notice for items already returned, but be assured that they will be checked in after a few days. We will continue to allow extra checkouts to accommodate for the additional waiting period.
- What about fines and fees? We are pleased to present a fine forgiveness program this summer. Talk to us for details!! Each month we will have different offers. For the month of August, we are asking you to support the Friends of the Library by making a monetary donation (at the Library or on PayPal) OR buying a book from the Friends bookstore. When you do this, we will waive your past overdue fines. Beginning September 1, overdue fines will resume being assessed on items returned late. Due to the necessity of quarantining items, there will be a 1 week grace period after the due date before overdue fines are added to your library account.