American Fork Library Grab & Go: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Grab & Go Service? Everyone is welcome to come to the library for visits lasting 15 to 20 minutes. You can browse the collection, pick up holds, and check out materials, all while maintaining a safe distance from staff and fellow patrons. For now we will not be able to provide access to seating areas, study spaces, and children’s play areas. We will add these services back as circumstances allow.
- Why is the Library open for fewer hours per day? By shortening public hours, we will have the staff necessary to perform the extra duties required for maintaining safety, manning additional stations, and cleaning high-traffic areas.
- What if I’m not comfortable coming in to a public building right now? Curbside service will be available for both holds pickup and returns. For pickup, park in the handicapped parking area and follow instructions posted there. For returns, please use our outside book drops.
- Curbside Schedule: Monday-Thursday from 5-7 pm and Saturday from 10 am-2 pm
- How does quarantining returned items work? When materials are returned, we will label and quarantine them in our community room for 5 days before they are checked in. We are surpassing the recommendations of the the American Library Association in order to be as safe as possible. As a result, your returns will not be checked in for several days after you return them. No late fees will accrue during that time. We will continue to allow extra checkouts to accommodate for the additional waiting period.
- What about fines and fees? We are pleased to present a fine forgiveness program this summer. Talk to us for details!! Each month we will have different offers. For the month of June, if you register for Summer Reading, we will forgive your past overdue fines. Give us a call or stop by the desk when you visit the library. If you need to purchase a non-resident card or pay for a lost or damaged item, you can do so over the phone or in person. We are only accepting credit and debit cards at this time.