The American Fork Planning Department oversees the future physical development of the City by coordinating efforts with residents, City departments, and potential developers to result in a sustained community that is both desirable as a living environment for its citizens and economically viable.
Zoning/Land Use Maps and General Plan
- Zoning Map
- Land Use Map
- TOD (Transit Oriented Development Map)
- Transportation - General Plan
- Bike and Pedestrian Facilities - Map
- Bike and Pedestrian Facilities - General Plan
- Parks, Open Spaces, and Trails - General Plan
- Moderate Income Housing - General Plan 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019
- Station Area Plan - General Plan 2014
- Main Street Vision - General Plan 2010, 2016
- Land Use - General Plan
The Planning Department relies on residents to contribute their input and opinions on proposed development projects. Residents can get involved by attending Public Hearings and Planning Commission Meetings to provide their own feedback on proposed community changes.
- What areas are currently being developed in American Fork? Please follow this link.
- Where do I access the TOD zone? Please follow this link.
- What do I need to know to add to my home, finish a basement, build a fence, or learn more about setbacks? (see Building Department Checklists)
- Where do I learn more about basement/accessory apartments? (see code 17.5.134 - Accessory apartments)
- What do I need to know to develop a subdivision, a new commercial project, or a new industrial project? (see Planning Department Applications)
- How do I apply for a business license? (see Business License & Renewal)
If you are interested in developing property, annexing property, changing the zone or land use on property, or want to amend the City Development Code, this document is a guide through the process.
View and print applications and forms available for the Planning Department.
Review development schedules and fees.