- Coordinating local agencies
- Educating the public
- Planning effective contingencies
- Training of staff and citizens in disaster preparedness
AF Notify Emergency Alerts
AF Notify is the City's notification system to communicate with residents in the event of an emergency by means of a mass email, call, or text. American Fork City, along with Utah County, uses Everbridge Emergency Notification System for its emergency alert system.
To make sure you receive an emergency notification, please subscribe to AF Notify at alerts.utahcounty.gov. We recommend you create your AF Notify account so you have the ability to receive alerts about: emergencies, City news, roadwork/utility closures, traffic alerts, public meetings, and events, programs and services.
Visit the AF Notify webpage for more information and to sign up or sign in to your account.
Your contact information provided is strictly for emergency use and will only be used for general communication if you select that as an option. It will not be shared with other parties. Examples of emergencies include:
- urgent information related to police, fire, or public health emergencies
- notification of a lost child
- evacuation of a specified area
- information about flooding, road closings, water main breaks, or other problems affecting specific addresses
For questions regarding AF Notify, please call the City at 801-763-3000 or email email@example.com.
Major Incident Plan
The City of American Fork is prepared for all disasters with a comprehensive Major Incident Plan (the plan linked intentionally excludes private contact information included in the full plan). This plan sets up an Emergency Operating Center, with proper emergency chains of command, as well as communication methods to the community. In an emergency the city can use AF Notify to alert residents.
Below are some helpful links that to aid in your emergency preparedness:
- How to build an emergency ready kit
- Homeowners Guide to Lightning Safety
- Preparing for Disasters in Your Home: What to Buy, What to Skip
- Emergency Preparedness and Pets
- Important Legal Documents for Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness for Seniors
- How to Organize and Prepare for Disasters
- Emergency Preparedness for Property Owners