The committee’s mission is to maintain the high quality of life in American Fork, protect property values, and prevent the deterioration of neighborhoods by:
- Working with the City to identify and address violations of City nuisance laws;
- Increasing public awareness of standards and nuisance laws;
- Educating property owners, including landlords, of their responsibilities under the City’s nuisance laws;
- Studying nuisance abatement laws and practices in other cities;
- Recommending needed additions and changes in City nuisance laws to the city council.